IT and technology for global business
Leading investment fund manager successfully integrates new IT strategy and technology architecture to meet its demanding global business needs, while ensuring its data is accurate and compliant
- With an IT infrastructure which had been built up over 25 years, the firm had many platforms siloed to business lines and specific to customer channels. With 9 separate ways for the firm to enter its financial securities data – one single repository was need to avoid duplication and error.
- The firm needed to simplify, standardise and scale its infrastructure to reduce unit costs by half, whilst doubling assets under management and ensuring it had a holistic view of its data
- First, the current architecture was assessed, then a future state architecture designed based on the findings, with a three to five year road map outlined. A technology architecture strategy was developed to upgrade and remove obsolescence and provide scalability.
- One global fund data repository was developed to transcend all business and geographic silos. Once the data warehouse was set up, the correct data governance and management policies were implemented to ensure that data flows properly without duplication
- The implementation of a single data repository was completed on time and on budget, while achieving all set business objectives. The firm adopted a more strategic approach to data management, which resulted in improved workflows and ultimately, more accurate data